Ok so I challenged myself to a few reading challenges this year. There is the Modern Mrs. Darcy book challenge, and the read 100 books this year challenge. The hundred book challenge has already been edited down to 75 books, last I checked I was eight books behind! I also am taking up audiobooks since I drive so much it'll be a good way to get through books when I don't have the time to physically crack open a book and read.
A book you’ve been meaning to read: Bossypants by Tina Fey
A book published this year: Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova
A book in a genre you don’t typically read: Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
A book from your childhood: Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
A book your mom loves: Wicked
A book that was originally written in a different language:
A book “everyone” has read but you: Big Little Lies by Lane Moriarty
A book you chose because of the cover: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
A book by a favorite author:
A book recommended by someone with great taste: Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso
A book you should have read in high school: Lord of the Flies by William Golding
A book that’s currently on the bestseller list:
What I've read this past month:
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey: This gets four/five stars. I really thought this book had some very great input. I've always been a girl who has been raised to be independent and this book brought up a lot of points and explanations on how men think and react to that. It was very down to earth without telling women to just sit around, care for their children, and cook/clean the house.
(I know I slacked this past month...)
Currently Reading:
Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray
Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
Have you read any of the books on my list? Or do you have any suggestions for a book that was published this year?
Be my friend on Goodreads!

A few of your books to read are on my list as well! I never tried a book challenge before, but I do have some goals for myself to read the most books this year that I ever have before!
ReplyDeleteBook challenges are fun. They really get you to branch out of your usual reading realm.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing awesome! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to read Yes, Please by Amy Poehler too
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine!
ReplyDeleteEveryone who has read it has rave reviews!
ReplyDeletehaha I think that a FIVE book goal would be outrageous for me. I like this though - keep to your goals (and revised goals!)
ReplyDeleteHaha. That is how my boyfriend is! I'm a fast reader but sometimes I just get too busy or am too tired to read before bed.
ReplyDeleteI think it would be so much fun to participate in a reading challenge, especially since English has always been my favorite subject. I wish I had more time for reading!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely should! reading is the best.
ReplyDeleteI'm really looking forward to reading Yes Please. I have so many school books to read right now, but I'm also reading Bossypants and then Yes Please is next on my list. I read Girl Boss and really enjoyed it and also spent a lot of time with Lord of the Flies in high school haha Good luck!!
ReplyDeletehaha yeah, I'm hoping I can breeze through Lord of the Flies so I can check that off the list. I read Mindy Kaling's book and I struggled through it but I've only heard great things about Yes Please so I hope it is written better.
ReplyDeleteI wish I read more books. I just have such a hard time getting into books and I always fall asleep once start reading.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great. The husband's secret was really good in my opinion!
ReplyDeleteI am already behind on my goodreads challenge, I think 8 books or so - oh well, I'm sure I will catch up! I have read Yes, Please (loved it), The Light Between the Oceans (hard to say, good and bad), The Husband's Secret (interesting) and The Martian (LOVED it, saw your review and totally agree with what you said about the jokes and whatnot. Can't wait for the movie!). I love book challenges :)
ReplyDeleteOh, good! I'm excited to read it. I've only heard good things.
ReplyDeleteYeah that happens to me too! I go crazy when I travel though, I can run through books in a couple of hours.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the movie either!! And even when I read the description I wasn't sure about the Light Between the Oceans. But it did win a best book from Goodreads, so I thought I should give it a try!
ReplyDeleteI really liked Yes Please, it's a fun and quick read! I've also been meaning to read Girl Boss, you'll have to let me know if you like it if you get to it before I do! :)
ReplyDeleteOf course!
ReplyDelete